The splendiferous Jessica nominated me for a Liebster Award. The only Liebster's I'm used to are the Choco kind in the blue packet.
What is a Liebster Award you might be wondering? It's kind of a nice pay-it-forward way for small blogs to tell your readers a little more about yourself and for you to tag other bloggers with your own set of questions! It's a good way of discovering new blogs. Once you've been nominated, link the blogger who tagged you along with the answers to their questions. Once you've done that you nominate the next 5 bloggers with your set of questions, and so on and so on spreading the love far and wide. Multiplicity! So, here goes...
Below are the questions she set out for us to answer...
1) Who are you and what part of the world are you from?
My name is Angela and I have adopted London as my home town for the last 12 years. I grew up in a little country on the island of Borneo (nooo way! yes way!) My dad is originally from Teesside, oop North, and my mum is from Malaysia. My family have lived back and forth all over the place- what that makes me is anyone's guess!
2) Who inspired you to start blogging?
No one in particular inspired me to start blogging but I have always loved reading blogs- more so than magazines!
3) If you could have anybody guest post, who would it be and why?
Bloggerwise- I would love Hey Natalie Jean to guest post. She is one super funny lady living in New York. I feel like our wardrobes are kindred spirits. And we both like the word ornery.
Anybodyinthewholewideworldwise- I'm going to say my nieces and nephews. They're 6 and 3. We could get political over Hello Kitty vs Lightning McQueen. Blogging gold right there.
4) Which country would you like to live in, other than your own?
I love South East Asia- call me biased! I'd happily settle somewhere like Hong Kong. Saying that, I wouldn't say no to New York or Hawaii either.
5) If an Essie nail varnish were named after you, what would it be called?
Peggy Sue Goes to Hogwarts. Although that sounds like something from OPI. It would change shades from red to black to pink. Obviously.
6) What are you most proud of on your blog?
Right now, I'm most proud of my new header! Actually, I'm proud of everything on there. When I look at the original layout and compare it to now- we've come a long way baby. Those rounded thumbnails were almost the death of me.
7) How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
A walking contradiction.
8) What's your wardrobe staple?
Jeans. And red shoes.
9) Ron Weasley or Neville Longbottom?
ooh-er. Ron was comedy and came out with some great one liners. But then, look how Neville grew up- HELL-OH! If I was picking a mate, I'd be Team Weasley.
10) What is your karaoke song?
Oh no, no, no. No. Me and karaoke are mortal enemies.
11) Which type of cake could you live on for eternity?
A nice Victoria sponge! Keeping it classic!
I now nominate the following blogs to answer my nosey questions:
Amelia of Wolf Moon Sister
Alice of Bijoux Bijoux
Jenn at Beyond The Stoop
Iskra at Miss Baking
1) If you could have any super power- what would it be?
2) What was the last movie you saw?
3) What's the worst thing you did as a child?
4) I'm coming over for dinner- what are you cooking?
5) You can only listen to one album forever and ever- what's your pick?
6) Tell me one fun fact about yourself
7) Which song would make you shout 'thatsmyjaaaam'
8) Ryan Gosling or Ryan Gosling?
9) You suddenly have a whole free day to yourself, what do you do?
10) Do you sing in the shower?
11) What the worst fashion disaster you've ever committed?
Oy with the poodles already!